Whenever I’m off-desk at work, I put on my earphones and start up a podcast. It’s calming to shut out the noise of the library and focus on the hosts’ voices and their stories. Since music has never been a huge thing for me and audio books don’t hold my attention, I’m glad there are so many podcasts out there that are funny, educational, and focused, more often than not, on Pop Culture. I’d really be struggling for background noise if podcasts were not such a thing right now.
I’ve listened to a lot of podcasts over the past year, but there’s a few in particular that I keep downloading to my beloved iPod Shuffle, Honey Lemon. I thought it’d be neat to share some of my favorites with you–mostly because I want you to share your favorites right back so I can have more to listen to.
My Favorite Podcasts
- Dear Sally ~ A Felicity podcast that’s a perfect mix of nostalgia and jokes. I haven’t even watched that much Felicity, but I still enjoy hearing these two friends talk about who won each episode: Noel or Ben.
- Gilmore Guys ~ After I watch a particularly annoying episode of Gilmore Girls, I download the companion Gilmore Guys episode right away. The two “Gilmore Guys” and their guests always have hilarious and insightful takes on the episodes.
- Common Room ~ #PotterWeek was amazing and Common Room just started a series recapping the TV show, Lost. No matter what sort of geek you are, there’s almost certainly a Common Room episode/series for you.
- Mousterpiece Cinema ~ Again, with the nostalgia! I have a thing for retro movie and television podcasts. Can’t you tell? Mousterpiece Cinema is Movie Mezzanine’s Disney podcast. Mostly, the hosts review Disney films from the 80’s and 90’s, but there’s a couple of modern movies thrown in too.
- The Nerdist ~ If you like listening to writers, actors, and directors talk about their craft and other, much more random things, The Nerdist podcast will suit your fancy. I skip around and pick episodes based on my tolerance for the guests, but others might not be so picky.
- Rosie and Jessica’s Day of Fun ~ A little bit of everything is in this podcast. Most of all you should know they talk about knitting and baking.
- Nerdonomy: Nerds on History ~ My inability to finish historical non-fiction makes me very thankful for all the history podcasts out there. Nerds on History is VERY eclectic–which is fun because you learn a bit about everything listening to it.
- You Must Remember This ~ Thanks to The Hairpin’s “Scandals of Classic Hollywood” series, I’ve been getting more and more into Hollywood history. You Must Remember This is a great way to satisfy curiosity about old timey actors and the stories behind their films.
What Are Your Favorite Podcasts?
Gif Source: Popsugar