Christmas is coming! I’m already full into the Christmas spirit. My office is decorated, and I’m listening to holiday music as I write this. On top of that, I can’t wait to get an ugly Christmas sweater to wear to work–especially since it’s the only opportunity I’ll have to wear something with a garish image on the front. (Sigh, the fashion rules at work are so unfeeling in the image department.)
As always, I like doing gift round-ups every holiday season, and I’ve got a few planned for the weeks leading up to the 25th. Today’s though is centered all around books–and, to be even more specific, Fantasy and Science Fiction books because I think that’s what us geeks and nerds tend to like most.
*Almost* all of the gifts are under $20. There are a few that are twenty and up, but I did try to keep the items as reasonable as possible because money doesn’t grow on pine trees.
For the Person Who’s Still Obsessed With Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Coloring Book ~ Even if you don’t like jumping on bandwagons, this coloring book is pretty sweet–especially if you don’t have the movie coloring books sitting around anymore.
- Harry Potter Funkos ~ These are adorable, and there’s a decent amount of Exclusives if you’re worried about getting a double for your Potterhead.
- House Beanie ~ For keeping cozy and showing off House Pride.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Illustrated Edition ~ Because what book lover doesn’t need this?
For the Person Who Always Thinks the Book is Better
- Books for Upcoming TV & Film Adaptations ~ There are a lot of book adaptations coming out in the next year or so. Some of the most notably geeky ones are The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks, American Gods by Neil Gaiman, Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey, and The Magician Series by Lev Grossman. Actually, all of those are going to be TV shows, but it’d still be great to get your book lover prepared for the coming onslaught!
- Ravenclaw Scarf in Book Colors ~ It’s actually difficult to find the scarves not in movie colors, but there are some available to buy online. If all else fails you can make one too (here’s a knitting pattern even)!
- The Book Was Better Mug ~ Tea (or coffee) and books go together so well in the Winter, and to top it all off, this mug says exactly what’s on your mind.
- The Book is Always Better Tote ~ To carry all your awesome books in.
For the Person Who Loves Game of Thrones
- Game of Toys Mug ~ Look at how cute this mug is! It’s inspired by a not-so-cute book/show which makes it even more fun, I think.
- Iron Throne Ornament ~ The description says that this is big enough for tiny action figures–like Lego Minifigs–to sit on. If that’s not a selling point, I don’t know what is.
- Favorite Character Funko Pop ~ There’s a lot of GoT Pops. If you can’t find one you think your fan likes, I recommend going with a dragon. You can’t go wrong with dragons.
- A Game of Thrones Coloring Book ~ Seriously, this is hilarious. And awesome.
For the Person Who Loves YA
- A Gift Subscription to a YA Box ~ Like to Owlcrate!
- Fine Make Me Your Villain Mug ~ The quote is from the Grisha Trilogy, and this just looks like such a cool mug. You could always pair the mug with Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo too since it’s set in the same universe.
- Hunger Games Funko Pops ~ Because they’re so cute and lethal!
- Twilight the 10th Anniversary Edition ~ I know, I know. . .it seems really out of touch to list a Twilight book on this list, but COME ON! Tell me you’re not interested in reading a genderbent Twilight. I know I am, and I don’t even like the series.
Do you have anything bookish on your wish list?
Cover Image Source: Home of the Nutty