Looking at this Fall’s TV line-up has been disheartening. Most of the shows I’m really pumped about don’t premiere until mid-season (like Agent Carter, Galavant, and The X-Files). Having to wait for those shows isn’t fun, but it would have been easier to hold out if amazing stuff had been starting in the Fall.
No such luck.
There are a lot of crime dramas, doctor dramas, and dramas based off of movies I hated on the schedule. I can’t actually believe that there are only two or three new shows I even want to try! There’s usually a few more than that.
At least, there are a bunch of middling-to-good superhero shows returning and a lovely comedy or two. Those will just have to tide me over until my beloved Agent Carter returns next year.
- Gotham ~ Last year, Constantine and Gotham were my two favorite shows on TV. Since Constantine’s not coming back, Gotham’s the show I’m most looking forward to this season. I’m super excited to see where Edward Nygma and Selina Kyle’s characters go, and I’m definitely longing for more cute Baby!Cat and Baby!Bat scenes.
- Arrow ~ Season Three was not a good one for Arrow. I was so disappointed by how Felicity’s character was handled and how AWFUL Oliver was. Until a couple of weeks ago, I wasn’t even sure I wanted to keep watching this show. . .and then it was announced that John Constantine would be making a guest appearance. Yeah, I’ve changed my tune.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine ~ So I watched two seasons of Brooklyn Nine-Nine over the Summer, and now it’s my favorite comedy on TV. I love the show’s wacky humor and appreciate its diversity. What I’m most excited about for next season, though, is Bill Hader joining the cast. I cannot wait to see how that turns out.
- Supergirl ~ I want Supergirl to be good. It’s the first female superhero show on TV in years , and I’m rooting for it to be a blockbuster. I am trying to keep my expectations in check, however, because it is done by the same team behind Arrow and The Flash. Sadly, neither of those shows do right by their female characters. I’m hoping Supergirl will be different.
- Once Upon a Time ~ Two words: Dark Swan.
- The Flash ~ I don’t even know about this show. The best part about it was Dr. Wells’ mustache twirling villainy and with that gone (I guess?), I’m not sure what will keep me invested. . .unless it’s more awesome villains. Basically, all I like about this show is the villains—which, for me, is par for the course.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ~ I want to love AoS, but it’s hard to sometimes. The first season was really good, but the second just had too many characters and too much plot going on. I’m hoping the show will be a little more character-focused this season and that Ward will get more screen-time because he’s got so much potential. If those things happen, my love for AoS will probably be restored.
- The Mindy Project ~ I’m so glad Hulu saved The Mindy Project. It’s been one of my favorite comedies for years, and I cannot wait to see what sort of drama lies in wait for Danny, Mindy, and company this season.
- Heroes Reborn ~ I never finished Heroes. I couldn’t do it after stupid Nathan Petrelli got raised from the dead for the fiftieth time. I’m going to give this series a chance though—mainly because of Zachary Levi and my favorite hero, Mohinder.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend~ This show is probably going to be awful, but it had singing in its preview so I’m sold.
What shows are you looking forward to this Fall?