Thanks to Gotham, my discovery of Gail Simone’s Batgirl comics, and my rewatching of the Superman movies, I’ve been getting into superheroes again. Unfortunately, I’ve long since worn out all of my Batman t-shirts. Thanks to my newly developed knitting skills, though, I want to make up for my lack of super shirts by adding some knitted superhero geekery to my wardrobe.
I scoured the internet for some cool patterns and came up with winners. Of course, I thought I’d share my findings with you. All the patterns are free (most of them through Ravelry).
Cozy Superhero Knits
- Wonder Woman Beanie ~ Wonder Woman’s not my favorite superhero (that title belongs to Batgirl), but she’s right up at the top of my list. I’d definitely rock this hat all winter long. The style’s just so nifty!
- Green Lantern Earflap Hat ~ I still haven’t read any Green Lantern comics, but this hat is pretty cool. I’d definitely add a pompom to the top of it, though.
- Nightwing Sweater ~ Embody your inner Nightwing with the cool sweater!
- Captain Marvel Fingerless Gloves ~ I can tell the Carol Corps are super excited about their being a Captain Marvel movie. Why not show support with these amazing fingerless mittens?
- Captain America Hoodie ~ I love the look of the red and white stripes on this sweater/hoodie hybrid. I think Captain American fans would really enjoy rocking this as part of their wardrobe.
- Wonder Woman Sweater ~ More Wonder Woman awesomeness! I think this sweater is gorgeous. If ever I do work up the nerve to knit a sweater, this will be the pattern I choose.
- Spider-Man Hat ~ Cause who doesn’t know someone who would wear a Spider-Man hat?
After my fairly good experience Fair Isle Knitting a TARDIS hat, I definitely want to make myself one of the Wonder Woman patterns. Probably the hat. I still don’t know if I’d have the patience to knit myself a sweater. (How difficult are sweaters? Anyone know?)
Have you ever crafted anything related to your favorite superhero?