I’ve joined in on another installment of The Broke and the Bookish‘s Top Ten Tuesday! This week’s theme is “Top Ten Books I Want to Reread.”
Personally, I’m an intermittent rereader. I mostly stick new-to-me books, but I have some old faithfuls that I reread once a year or every few years. I find that it’s always nice to pick up a favorite novel when I’m going through a rough time or am in the middle of a long reading slump.
Without further ado, here are my Top Ten Books I Want to Reread. . .
1. Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey ~ I had thought about rereading this in time for Halloween (vomit zombies seem appropriate for that time of year), but I just didn’t get it done. I still really want to reacquaint myself with one of my favorite characters of all time (Detective Miller) before the TV show adaptation begins.
2. To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis ~ This book was one of my favorites in High School, but I haven’t read it in ages. I need to pick it up again.
3. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle ~ I reread A Wrinkle in Time at least once a year. Time’s running out for my to do my reread for this year though. I better get cracking.
4. Sabriel by Garth Nix ~ With the new book out, I definitely want to go back and read the first in this series. It’s been too long since I’ve read it.
5. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien ~ Another book I read once a year!
6. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman ~ This was the book that finally made me fall in love with Neil Gaiman’s writing. Of course, instead of reading it, I might have to listen to the audio play with James McAvoy and Natalie Dormer instead.
7. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens ~ I try to reread this every year at Christmas, but I’ve technically missed that last two years. It’s time I reintroduced this Classic to my end-of-the-year reading list.
8. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte ~ I read Jane Eyre when I was in High School, but I’ve never picked it up again. After reading Charlotte Bronte’s Villette and loving it, I really, really want to read through her most famous book a second time.
9. One Day by David Nicholls ~ Reading Us made me want to go back and reread my favorite David Nicholls’ novel. I definitely want to get introduced to Dex and Em again.
10. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith ~ This is another one of my frequent rereads that I’m very much feeling in the mood for now. I just love the story and it’s characters!
Do you rereads books? What are some of your most reread novels?