You know what time of the year it is? LIBRARY BOOK SALE SEASON!
The first of my two favorite book sales has already come and gone, and I got a respectable selection for $5.50. My shelves were getting surprisingly bare after I culled my unread-and-unloved-since-high-school collection (Okay, my shelves were no where near bare, but I did have some empty spaces–which is unusual for me), and I’m glad to have some nifty reads to fill them up again.
The rundown of what I bought is as follows. . .
- Star Wars: Knight Errant V. 1 ~ I don’t know the plot of Knight Errant, but I couldn’t pass over a Star Wars graphic novel with a tough female Jedi on the cover. I was surprised that the sale actually had a lot of graphic novels available, but since most of them were X-Men related, this was the only one I bought.
- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall ~ I’ve checked this book out of the library half a dozen times and never read it. Now, hopefully, I finally get around to it.
- Grave Goods by Ariana Franklin ~ I think I’ve read part of this book before and didn’t finish, but the cover’s pretty so I thought “Why not try again?”
- Sky Coyote and The Bird of the River by Kage Baker ~ Kage Baker is one of those authors whom I forget about. I like her books, but I never remember to get more out of the library. Now, I’ll not forget with TWO books by Baker on my shelves.
- Makers by Cory Doctorow ~ I loved Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom. I hope of love this book by Doctorow too.
- A Civil Contract by Georgette Heyer ~ Georgette Heyer’s books are wonderful for when I’m feeling stressed (her novels are as relaxing as a hot cup of tea). Since I like having relaxing books on hand, I was very pleased to find this.
I’m happy with my haul (although I had hoped to find more than one book by Heyer), but the next book sale is going to be the the real biggie for me. I usually buy 20+ books there so my expectations will be much higher than the 7 books I got here.
Gosh. I’m going to need to clear out shelf space again. . .
So, have you had any “Book Hauls” lately?