This week, I spent a lot of time cooking. I made my first completely homemade pizza, and it was surprisingly delicious (I found the recipe in My Berlin Kitchen–which is an excellent book with plenty of yummy recipes). I also cooked up some yummy grilled cheese sandwiches with mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, and basil. They were SO good. I love it when I get to be in charge of dinner.
Since it was Knit in Public Day/Week, I went out to a coffee shop to work on my Henry Mills’ Scarf. I don’t think I did much to raise knitting awareness (I think that was the point), but it was a pleasantly relaxing thing to do. As for the scarf itself, I’m about halfway done with it at this point. I really hope that I’ll be able to finish it this coming week.
Saturday, I went with my mom to see Maleficent. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, but it definitely could have been better movie (especially if it spent more time on Maleficent as a character and less time on battles and Stefan’s manic craziness).
And, finally in Cool Things I Saw This Week, here are some interesting things I came across on the interwebs:
- Rian Johnson might be directing Star Wars Episode VIII and IX. (Happy dance for no more J. J. Abrams!)
- Are Geeks the New Bullies? I think we all know the answer to that one.
- I don’t care what anyone else says. I genuinely excited about Disney’s Descendants. Just look at how awesome Kristin Chenoweth looks as Maleficent!
- This Hannibal/Matrix mash-up made me giggle like a total nerd. Chilton and Bev look so wonderfully tough.
- I loved Being Geek Chic’s heads up on 3 Ridiculously Charming British Movies to Watch this Weekend. I immediately put a hold on Cemetery Junction at my library, but, sadly, I couldn’t get a hold of One Chance so that will have to go on a “To-Watch List” for later.
- I think this type of Dinosaur Hoodie is seriously something I’m going to need to recreate for myself. RAWR!
- This week, there was a post on Pen Pal Forms on the IGGPPC blog. I’d never thought of sending any of my pen pals a questionnaire before, but it definitely would be a good way to get to know them better. (Filing this idea away for later.)
Did you get up to anything fun this week?