I’m not a huge music person. (I would 100% rather listen to NPR than music when I’m driving around in my car.) I will be the first to admit that my music tastes would draw the scorn of any hipster (I used to draw dirty looks in college for blasting my High School Musical CD as I drove around campus) because the music I do listen to and love tends to come from soundtracks, 90’s pop bands, and Youtube.
When I saw Joie’s post about her blog as a mix tape, I knew immediately that I wanted to do my own version–even if it would sound totally different from everyone else’s (but that’s kinda the point, right?). I picked songs from some of my favorite shows and musicals and mashed them in a mix tape that’s (hopefully) not completely displeasing to the ear.
I don’t want to explain the how and why of the songs I picked–though mostly it will be self-explanatory. Basically, I think of my blog as being upbeat, nerdy, and eclectic in taste so those are the type of songs I picked.
Onto the music. . .
1. Belle from Beauty and the Beast
2. The Doctor and I by John Barrowman
3. My Freeze Ray from Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-Long Blog
4. Something to Sing About from Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Once More With Feeling
5. When Will My Life Begin from Tangled
6. No Life Without Wife from Bride and Prejudice
7. Taylor, the Latte Boy by Kristin Chenoweth
8. The Cat’s Meow from Barbie’s Princess and the Pauper
9. For Good from Wicked
10. Hey Juliet by LMNT
If you want to make your own blog mix tape, just pick 10 songs, write a post about them, and tweet it with the hashtag: #MyBlogMixTape.
Don’t forget to check out Joie at Confessions of a Book Pimp’s original post too and share your post on her site as well.